ARC STORIES: BETTER TOGETHER (BIRMINGHAM, AL ONLY)
Lifeline partners with Arc Stories every January to present a night of live storytelling called “Better Together: Stories of Adoption, Fostering and Orphan Care.” Lifeline staff and advocates share raw testimonies to honestly illustrate the highs and lows, victories and disappointments and work God is doing through His people to care for the vulnerable around the world. Volunteers for this event help produce a more intimate experience for our 300 guests as they advocate for orphan care ministry and engage those guests with conversations on how to get more involved with Lifeline.
- Venue Setup
- This team arrives two hours ahead of the event to unload, set up the venue, and work with staff on any last–minute needs.
- Greeters/Ticket Scanners
- This team makes all guests feel welcome as they arrive, takes care of all ticketing needs, and helps with venue flow. This is a great place to serve for friendly and extroverted personalities.
- Booth Hosts (Lifeline, Merchandise, Stand for Orphans, (un)adopted)
- This team engages our guests before the event, during intermission and after to share about Lifeline, (un)adopted, and orphan care advocacy. All relevant information will be provided to you before the event, but an ongoing knowledge of adoption, child sponsorship and other Lifeline initiatives is a plus. This is a great opportunity to get new people engaged with Lifeline’s ministry, so we ask that this team actively initiate conversations with guests and let their joy and passion for Lifeline’s mission shine through.
- Clean–up & Reset
- This team assists staff with tearing down, reloading, and resetting the venue for approximately one hour following the event.