The gospel is reaching vulnerable children and families through Lifeline, and we want to share some of the exciting things made possible through the gifts of our partners:
Pregnancy Counseling and Fostering ministries have:
• served 72 new expectant parents facing an unplanned or crisis pregnancy.
• established relationships with 75 new partners including shelters, abortion clinics, methadone clinics, and teen pregnancy centers to reach more women with the hope of Christ and option of choosing life.
• trained 52 new foster families across Alabama and in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
International Adoption ministry has:
• Facilitated the adoptions of our pilot families through our Honduras and India programs.
• started a fund to provide grants for children from China and Hong Kong who are more difficult to place for adoption.
• seen 134 families complete their adoption process so far this year.
(un)adopted®, our international orphan care ministry, has:
• hosted a caregiver training in Liberia for 65 caregivers, orphanage directors, and staff from twenty orphanages across Liberia. Some of the training topics included the gospel and orphan care, how to build a holistic educational program for youth, the role of the caregiver, and child protection.
• finished building the church meeting area on new land in Uganda with our partner there, King Jesus Church and CrossPointe Church in Columbus, GA.
Education & Counseling ministry has:
• launched and completed our first live online Crossings Training in order to equip and prepare international adoptive families from across the U.S.
• continued to grow in counseling services to post-adoptive and foster families by adding a counselor in North Alabama. We are also pursuing approval for insurance billing to make services to families more accessible.
The Lord continues to show His glory as His sovereign plan unfolds in the lives of these children and families. We ask you to continue to partner with Lifeline as we look ahead to the next quarter and prepare for further impact as we seek to minister in the following ways:
- Counsel and care for approximately 75 expectant parents walking through an unplanned pregnancy.
- Provide continuing education for 50 foster families and training for 30 families to become foster families.
- Equip men and women seeking family reconciliation through additional Families Count courses.
- Minister to orphans and vulnerable children through providing Life Skills and Education Training to Village of Hope in Guatemala.
- Host 28 children for Lifeline’s Colombia Kids Camps in Houston and Birmingham and advocate for their adoptions.
- Host Lifeline’s 6th Annual R(un) for One to raise awareness and support for (un)adopted® partners.
We are grateful for the gifts that will have eternal impact on vulnerable children and families, and could not do this work without the support of our faithful partners.