Written Content Coordinator
Inspires, advocates and raises awareness for the agency’s mission by generating and overseeing the development of written marketing content. Aids in bridging the gap between Marketing Team and other departments in the organization. Has a close working relationship with the Development and Executive teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in design, marketing, and/or communications) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional environment. Agency or Church Communications experience preferred.
- Knowledge and appreciation for the creative and production process.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi-department, multi-stakeholder environment where priorities and participation shift.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Responsible for writing, editing, and publishing engaging content
- Develops premium written content to help convert Lifeline visitors into Lifeline partners. (i.e., downloadable content as simple as checklists, tip-sheets, infographics, or longer, more detailed offerings like e-books and whitepapers)
- Tailors written content with platform-specific language
- Helps repackage top performing pieces of written content into other formats.
- Regularly reviews existing written content and updates it with the latest information and best practices
- Edit, proofread and improve guest writers’ posts to ensure brand consistency
- Helps to maintain organization of written content and is adherent to content deadlines on the editorial calendar
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Writes content for Journey magazine submissions
- Writes and edits holiday and campaign specific content for holidays and significant occasions for Lifeline’s Ministry
- Writes and edits content for Special Projects (i.e., Annual Report, etc)
- Writes content for email newsletters & special occasion emails
- Writes and edits content from others to be featured on Lifeline blogs
- Supports and maintains the integrity of Lifeline and its branding as well as aiding in the development of new brand elements in print, web, social media, and other communication efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by Marketing Director
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with video scripts to communicate the vision of Lifeline and its brands including promotional videos, interviews, event videos, and trainings
- Supports Development Team in cultivating and nurturing relationships with current and potential church, business and individual partners
- Becomes fully knowledgeable and active in the ministry of Lifeline Children’s Services as one of the main advocates of the ministry
- Generally work is performed in a professional business office. Travel may be necessary, as well as attendance required for offsite meetings and appointments.