James 1:27 is clear in it’s call for the believer to care for the orphaned and vulnerable child.
We know that as Christians, we have all been adopted by our Heavenly Father. Adoption is a beautiful picture of the gospel on earth that points us back toward Christ. In Psalm 68, David tells us that God sets the lonely in families. We want the children we serve to have forever families, but more than that, we want them to know the truth of the Gospel.
Our focus lies in an eternity with Christ for the child and the parent, and we believe a Gospel-centered family is an amazing ministry opportunity for their salvation. Our desire is to come alongside missional families with resources necessary to help them find and nurture their children to become disciples who make disciples.
The mission of Lifeline Children’s Services is to equip the Body of Christ to manifest the gospel to vulnerable children.
Vulnerable children and their communities are transformed by the gospel and are making disciples.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the Word of God, written by men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Word is inerrant, infallible, and sufficient in all manners of conduct. (Deuteronomy 6:4-6; Proverbs 30:5-6; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Peter 1:23-25)
- We believe in God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-51; John 10:30)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the one and only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is fully God and fully man. (Mark 14:61; Luke 3:22; John 8:58; Colossians 2:8-9; Philippians 2:5-11)
- We believe in the physical resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life there for us as our High Priest and Advocate providing a sufficiency for body, soul, and spirit for the believers. (Acts 3:15; 1 Corinthians 15:12-32; Hebrews 4:14-16)
- We believe that all who receive by grace, through faith, the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God, and there is no other way of salvation but through Jesus. (John 1:12-14, 3:3, 5:24, 14:6; Galatians 4:4-7; Ephesians 2:8-10)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative, substitutionary, and complete sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (Isaiah 53:46; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Ephesians 5:1-2; 1 Peter 2:24, 3:18)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and become sinners in thought, word, and deed. (Genesis 1:26-27, 8:21; Psalm 51:5; Ecclesiastes 7:20; Colossians 3:6-10; Ephesians 2:2-3)
- We believe in the personal, visible, and second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, at a time unknown to us but for which we are eagerly anticipating. (Matthew 24:42-44; John 14:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Hebrews 9:28; 2 Peter 3:10)
- We believe that every believer is sanctified through the work of the Holy Spirit to pursue personal holiness. (1 Thessalonians 4:3-9; 1 Peter 15-16; 1 Corinthians 6:9-13; Ephesians 5:4-5)
- We believe that the Great Commission was given by the Lord to His church to disciple the world, and that sharing the Gospel is the great mission of the Church. (Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:15; John 20:21; Acts 1:8)
- We believe that the redeemed will have eternal life with Christ Jesus while the lost will be separated from God in everlasting punishment. (Matthew 25:31-46; Acts 17:30-32; 1 Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16)
- We believe that marriage is a sacred covenant before God and man between one man and one woman instituted by God from the beginning of Creation. (Genesis 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Corinthians 7:1-16; Hebrews 13:4-7)
- We believe that God is the creator of all life, and that every person is created in His image, and at the moment of conception, a new human life is created with a sovereignly-ordained sex of either male or female. (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5; Acts 17:25)
Faith Statement revised 3.18.18.