South Dakota Engagement Coordinator
Sioux Falls, SD
Helps in the design, development and implementation of local engagement and giving programs. Will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing donor prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. Will be expected to energize team members, persuade prospects and achieve goals.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Call on and develop relationships with assigned list while working to grow portfolio and outreach for Lifeline.
- Manage existing donor relationships as well as new relationships delegated from the State Director and Director of Development within Eastern South Dakota.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers for Lifeline initiatives including plans for recruiting new volunteers within assigned state(s).
- Creating opportunities to involve new potential donors, adoptive parents, (un)adopted partners, foster parents, and etc within Eastern South Dakota.
- Regularly report progress with assigned list to ensure movement of donors through development pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned by the State Director or Director of Development.
- Identify and engage churches in the Safe Families ministry. Identify, recruit, and train church ministry leads and coach them on how to develop their ministry.
- Network within the community to help recruit Safe Families for Children volunteers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Lifeline referral sources
- Assists with and attends agency sponsored events
- Represents the agency in a professional manner in and away from the office
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers, including resolving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in major donor fundraising and development
- Work is performed in a professional office environment
- Travel within assigned state may be necessary on a regular basis
- Travel to Birmingham, AL Home Office on a limited basis, including annual 3-4 day Staff Retreat