Location: Birmingham, AL
Work to oversee, coordinate and manage Lifeline’s strategic international orphan care initiatives through the ministry of (un)adopted®
- Oversee and provide strategic input and leadership for partnerships that (un)adopted has or is considering.
- Seek ways to equip the local church to care for orphaned and vulnerable children in their communities with the desire to make the gospel known
- Work closely with (un)adopted’s Global Care Initiative, utilizing our resources with our partners internationally with the desire to equip those directly impacting the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children
- Develop relationships in-country with churches and pastors, leaders of business and trade, community leaders and government officials where appropriate with the goal of engaging the local community to build a sustainable movement for caring for orphaned and vulnerable children
- Quarterly evaluations and strategic plans done in coordination with the Director for (un)adopted and on the ground partners, moving these partnerships forward toward a common vision
- Continually work to build relationship with our existing partners, new potential partnerships, and others working in orphan care through our Global Care Network
- Seek to become an “expert” in the region that this position is assigned. This position should be familiar with those who are involved in orphan care in the same places we are, network with them and work together to build sustainable movements toward caring for orphaned and vulnerable children
- Create opportunities for short term teams to partner in-country where appropriate and lead volunteer teams. Help the (un)adopted team identify characteristics of teams needed (i.e. doctors, businessmen, accountants, teachers, plumbers, etc.)
- Maintain a good working relationship with our international department as we work together
- Work in unison with our Church Partnerships team in order to develop US-based church relationships with our overseas partners.
- Develop (un)adopted fund raising programs by employing innovative strategies to increase ministry partner support and contributions
- Participate in Lifeline events and assist in preparation of those events including fundraisers, adoptive family gatherings and marketing opportunities.
- Maintain good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Represent the ministry in a professional manner in and away from the office, being a representative of Christ in your sphere of influence.
- Advocate for the ministry of (un)adopted and encourage partners and potential partners in praying, giving and going to further the spread of the Gospel to orphaned and vulnerable children and their communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum – Master’s degree preferred
- Lived abroad and/or extensive experience working and building relationships cross culturally in this region
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Bi-lingual capabilities a plus
- Professional office environment unless traveling
- This position is based out of our home office in Birmingham, AL.