Location: Birmingham, AL
Provides evidence and faith based counseling to pre/post-adoption and foster care families.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Maintains active caseload of families by providing counseling, therapy and support in keeping with the attached employment agreement.
- Strives to maintain relevance in therapy by securing and maintaining training in at least three therapy styles as established in annual evaluations (achieved through attendance of one training per year as resources are available and clinical staff meetings).
- Attends Clinical Staff meetings and prepares for monthly Clinical Staff meetings as directed by the Counseling Program Director.
- Maintains a regular audit of current publications and makes recommendations to the Counseling Program Director regarding relevant material.
- Assists in providing educational opportunities for the social service staff on trends and changes in orphan and foster care.
- Assists the Counseling Program Director and VP of Engagement in developing adoptive parent training and education.
- Conducts or assists in Intensive Therapies, as provided by the agency and as established in the attached employment agreement.
- Fosters and maintains community relationships in order to raise awareness of Lifeline Counseling’s services, to attract new clients, and to maintain existing referral sources.
- Maintains relevant licenses and/or certifications and state-required annual training hours
- Provides coverage for counseling staff, when they are out of the office.
- Assists in ministry-related events, including the annual retreat, banquet, and anniversary celebrations.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Represents the ministry in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or Marriage and Family Therapy
- If Counselor – maintain LPC licensure or equivalent as determined by state regulations
- If Social Worker – maintain LICSW licensure or equivalent as determined by state regulations
- If LMFT- maintain licensure or equivalent as determined by state regulations
- Receives and participates in regular supervision as required by licensure.
- Personal effectiveness
- Client focus
- Ethical conduct
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork orientation
- Upholds the mission, vision, values of the ministry.
- Signs and upholds the Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith
- Makes competent, professional decisions
- Problem solving/analysis
- This position operates in a professional office environment
- Travel may be required
State Specific Requirements:
- Adheres to all state specific requirements.