Location: Remote based work based in Dallas/Fort Worth area
Position Summary: Travels regularly through the continental US to counsel clients concerning the options they have regarding an unplanned pregnancy, including factual information about each option, helping to develop an adoption plan if desired, preparing for the adoption process, and connecting with resources if no longer desiring to choose adoption. Networks with potential referral sources by building relationships and conducting trainings.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Initial contact and interview with client.
- Obtains information regarding the client to be able to counsel her concerning the options she has in an adoption plan, including information on the father of the child.
- Assists the expectant parent in arranging for prenatal care and hospital admission for delivery, and connecting her to insurance resources.
- Maintains regular contacts with client to provide counseling during and after delivery, including facilitating a good working relationship with the client.
- Serves as the expectant parent’s support system in the hospital if desired.
- Maintains availability with client as necessary.
- Provides the client the means for spiritual growth, including the ministry of evangelism and discipleship, in a non-threatening way.
- Serves as an advocate for the client’s best interest.
- Explains to the client the legal process of terminating parental rights and respecting her right to withdraw her relinquishments if within the legal period allowed.
- Creates legal and other necessary paperwork for discharge and relinquishment of baby.
- Maintains availability for post-adoption counseling of the birth parents.
- Maintains detailed records of contacts, including case notes, assessments, court documents, legal papers, time sheets, medical and family history, and other required paperwork.
- Serves as a liaison with interim care parents and the casework supervisor pertaining to the progress of each child under the worker’s care, including the child’s progress, medical information, doctor’s visits, and other relevant information.
- Serves as an advocate for the child’s best interest.
- Networks in the community with potential referral sources by building relationships and conducting trainings.
- Assisting in agency-related events, including the annual staff retreat, the annual banquet and anniversary celebrations both international and domestic.
- Maintaining good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Representing the Agency in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work
- Licensed Social Worker preferred
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds for the purpose of transporting a baby, car seat, and other related equipment.
- Adheres to the Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance
- Practices self-discipline
- Morally and spiritually mature
- Disciples others
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Integrates faith & practice
- Makes ethical decisions
- Prays and leads others to pray
- Accepts and carries out responsibilities in a competent manner
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a Christian role model
- Remote work based in Dallas/Forth Worth area
- Regular travel required
State Specific Requirements:
- Must meet state minimum standards for licensure, certifications (if any) and annual continuing educational requirements if applicable
- Social Work license from applicable state licensing Board, if required.
- Complete annual training/CEU’s as determined by State regulations and Hague requirements, whichever is greater.