Location: Birmingham, AL
Position Summary: The Development Officer will assist with designing, developing and implementing our major gift program. Will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. Will be expected to energize team members, persuade prospects and achieve goals. Will travel to state offices to assist with development efforts.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Travel 60% – 70% of the time to state offices and other locations for donor meetings.
- Call on and develop relationships with assigned list while working to grow portfolio and outreach for Lifeline.
- Manage existing donor relationships as well as new relationships delegated from the Executive Director and Director of Development within assigned state(s).
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer leadership and committees for Lifeline initiatives including plans for recruiting new volunteers within assigned state(s).
- Creating opportunities to involve new potential donors, adoptive parents, (un)adopted partners, foster parents, and etc within assigned state(s).
- Regularly report progress with assigned list to ensure movement of donors through development pipeline. Will submit Key Performance Indicators weekly to monitor progress.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Development.
- Assists with and attends agency sponsored events
- Represents the agency in a professional manner in and away from the office
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers, including resolving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion
- Signs and upholds the Lifeline Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith
- Agrees with the mission, vision, and values of the agency
- Sees fundraising within the context of wider ministry goals and strategies
- Teamwork orientated
- Problem solver
- Organizational skills
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Embraces the shared culture of fundraising across the ministry
- Cultivates and builds relationships
- Practical judgement
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 – 3 years’ experience in major donor fundraising and development or related field
- Work is performed in a professional office environment
- Travel within assigned state(s) roughly 60% – 70% of time
- Will be based out of the Birmingham, AL Office