Location: Birmingham, AL
Position Summary: Establishes initial contact with prospective adoptive families for the International program. Works with prospective adoptive families in processing international adoption.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Helps recruit, enroll, maintain, and work with prospective adoptive parents in processing an international adoption
- Conducts international home studies.
- Assures all paperwork and documentation complies with international country’s standards
- Ensures that all information needed to complete the adoption record is completed and on file prior to the approval of the HS and then prior to the date of the submission of the dossier.
- Schedules/completes post-adoption/placement visits.
- Works with families through process until they travel to the international country, including fielding questions, following up with phone call, and completing all applicable paperwork and communication necessary to prepare family to travel overseas.
- Counsels clients/families on the nature of international adoption.
- Assists the Director of International Adoption, International Case Work Supervisor and Managers and coordinators with various tasks assigned in process of international adoption.
- Maintains ethics as established by the agency, through regular attendance at trainings and meetings.
- Assists with International Information meetings.
- Completes home assessments for contract applicants as assigned and needed.
- Depending on your office location, this position may be assigned to one region/country or multiple regions/countries in order to best serve the families in your area.
- Assisting in agency-related events, including the annual staff retreat, the annual banquet and anniversary celebrations both international and domestic.
- Maintaining good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Representing the Agency in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Maintaining annual training hours according to state regulations and Hague Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith.
- Moral Integrity
- Spiritual Maturity
- Desire to serve God
- Completes assigned tasks
- Treats everyone with dignity, respect, and consideration
- Makes competent, professional decisions
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance
- Prays and leads others to pray
- Practices discipleship in daily activities
- Upholds the mission, vision, and values of Lifeline
- Excellent communicator
- Remains current in social work practice
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a human service field.
- Maintain professional license and continuing education, if required.
- Responsibilities performed must not be prohibited by state regulations.
- Office Environment
- Travel would include family visits and home assessments in order to complete the Home Study
State Specific Requirements:
- Professional license from applicable state licensing Board, if required.
- Meet state requirements for duties performed.