Location: Huntsville, AL
Position Summary: Counsels clients in North Alabama concerning the options they have regarding an unplanned pregnancy, including factual information about each option, helping to develop an adoption plan if desired, preparing for the adoption process, and connecting with resources if no longer desiring to choose adoption. Networks in the community with potential referral sources by building relationships and conducting trainings in the North Alabama area.
- Initial contact and interview with client.
- Counsel the client on all of her pregnancy options: abortion, adoption, and parenting.
- Share the gospel with each client throughout the relationship.
- Assess the client’s needs and connect her to all available community resources.
- Assist the expectant parent in arranging prenatal care and connecting her to insurance resources.
- Maintain regular contacts with client to provide counseling before, during, and after delivery.
- Serve as the expectant parent’s support person in hospital if she desires.
- Provide the client the means for spiritual growth, including the ministry of evangelism and discipleship, in a non-threatening way.
- Serve as an advocate for the client’s best interest.
- Walk the client through the adoption process including: choosing a family, the legal process, post-adoption relationship, etc.
- Prepare legal and other necessary paperwork for discharge and relinquishment of baby.
- Maintain detailed records of contacts, including case notes, assessments, court documents, legal papers, time sheets, medical and family history, and other required paperwork.
- Serve as a liaison with interim care parents and the casework supervisor pertaining to the progress of each child under the worker’s care, including the child’s progress, medical information, doctor’s visits, and other relevant information.
- Serve as an advocate for the child’s best interest.
- Network in the community with potential referral sources by building relationships and conducting trainings.
- Be available for on call phone calls and text messages one week each quarter.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds for the purpose of transporting a baby, car seat, and other related equipment.
- Assists in agency-related events, including the annual staff retreat, the annual banquet and anniversary celebrations both international and domestic.
- Maintains good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Represents the Agency in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to the Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance
- Practices self-discipline
- Morally and spiritually mature
- Disciples others
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Integrates faith & practice
- Makes ethical decisions
- Prays and leads others to pray
- Accepts and carries out responsibilities in a competent manner
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a Christian role model
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Bachelor, graduate or clinical social work license from applicable state licensing Board preferred
- Office Environment
- Travel would include client visits, hospital visits, and networking meetings.
- Travel could be up to 3 hours from Birmingham. A company car is available for these out of town meetings.
State Specific Requirements:
- Social Work license from applicable state licensing Board, if required.
- Complete annual training/CEU’s as determined by State regulations and Hague requirements, whichever is greater.