Status: Full-time, salaried
Provides ongoing education and advocacy for foster families. Counsels clients concerning options surrounding foster care and how their family should serve, walks a family through the licensure process, and prepares them for partnership with DHR. This position also entails teaching foster parent training classes, outreach and advocacy with DHR and area churches, creating and presenting CEU opportunities for families and staff, and assisting in planning events for foster care.
- To be a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ to co-workers, clients and ministry partners
- Conducting home studies for families seeking foster care licensure through DHR and creating the portfolio needed for licensure by DHR
- Building relationships with DHR workers & supervisors
- Seeking supervision and backup on decisions in accordance with agency policy
- Providing ongoing support, counseling and advocacy for foster families
- Providing support for the foster family by communicating with the social worker at DHR, the county DHR office and various resources as needed
- Helping to provide TIPPS training classes for interested foster families
- Aggressively pursuing assistance and volunteers for the foster care program
- Attending foster parent support groups and foster parent gatherings/events hosted by Lifeline
- Training churches in how to provide support systems in their church for foster families.
- Recruiting families and churches to pursue foster care.
- Writing and leading continuing education for foster families and DHR workers.
- Must be willing to work in a “team” atmosphere with other workers in the foster care department
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Assisting in agency-related events, including the annual banquet and anniversary celebration.
- Representing the Agency in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Social Work, prefer Master’s in Social Work
- Licensed by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners or scheduled to take the social work licensure exam within 1 month of hire.
- Has missional philosophy of ministry
- Has strong personal relationship with the Lord
- Actively embraces the mission, vision, values of the ministry
- Signs and upholds the Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith
- Excellent judgement and professional decision making ability
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Builds rapport
- Accepts and carries out responsibilities in an effective manner
- Works primarily in an office environment, but includes travel to DHR, area churches, and client residences.
State Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor’s level or graduate level social work license