Position Summary: Establishes initial contact with prospective adoptive families and facilitates the process for our International programs.
- Helps recruit, enroll, maintain, and work with prospective adoptive parents in processing an international adoption
- May conduct home studies, if permitted by state regulation.
- Assures all paperwork and documentation complies with international country’s standards
- Ensures that all information needed to complete the adoption record is completed and on file prior to the date of submission of dossier
- Schedules/completes post-adoption/placement visits after placement of child
- Working with families through process until they travel to the international country, including fielding questions, following up with phone call, and completing all applicable paperwork and communication necessary to prepare family to travel overseas.
- Counseling clients/families on the nature of international adoption.
- Assisting the international director, supervisor, manager, and coordinators with various tasks assigned in process of international adoption.
- Helping International staff with international informational meetings.
- Completing home assessments for contract couples as assigned and needed.
- Initial contact and interview with prospective adoptive families through the domestic program.
- Assisting in the recruitment of prospective adoptive families.
- Working with prospective adoptive families throughout the adoption process and conducting home assessments which includes: 4 to 5 interview sessions with the couple, including individual interviews; conducting a home tour; ensuring all paperwork is up to date and in compliance with regulations and agency standards; educating and preparing the family for domestic adoption, birth mother ministry, and trans-racial adoption (if applicable); maintaining communication with the family throughout the process; and conducting post-placement/supervisory visits after placement of a child with a family.
- Helping conduct informational meetings for couples interested in adoption.
- Assisting and/or attending in agency-related events, including the annual staff retreat, the annual banquet and anniversary celebrations both international and domestic.
- Maintaining good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Representing the Agency in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with 4 years’ experience in the field of placing children in residential settings or adoptive home or closely related field OR
- Master’s Degree in Social Work with 2 years’ experience in the field of placing children in residential settings or adoptive home or closely related field
Position Posted 12/13/19