Total Lifeline Adoption Agency Fees: $28,200 ($26,900 for 2nd adoption) plus annual update fees and attorney fees.
- Application Fee (due with application): $300.00 (not applicable for 2nd adoption)
- Home Study Payment 1 (due at orientation interview): $1000.00 ($500 for 2nd adoption)
- Home Study Payment 2 (due at 3rd home study visit): $1000.00 ($500 for 2nd adoption)
- Program Fee Payment 1 (due when Profile is submitted): $5,300.00
- $4,600.00 submitted to Lifeline, $700.00 submitted to ParentFinder for profile consulting and creation
- Program Fee Payment 2 (due when matched with an expectant parent): $4,600.00
- Placement Fee (due at placement): $16,000.00
- Annual Home Study Update Fee: $350.00 per update (as needed)
*All Fees are Non-refundable.
In addition to Lifeline’s adoption fees, there are other fees that will be paid directly to each provider:
- State Police Clearance Letter: approx. $10.00 (varies by state)
- Criminal Background Check: approx. $50.00 per person (varies by state)
- Additional Background Check Fee: if matched with a birth mother in another state
- Medical Exam: made payable directly to health care provider
- Prepare/Enrich Relationship Assessment: $35.00 (per couple)
- Consultations: if additional consultations are needed, these fees are also payable directly to the provider.
- Rooted in Love Adoption Conference Fee: $100.00 (per couple)
- Travel and Lodging Expenses: Adoption Conference in Alabama (if applicable)
- Home study Amendment Fee: $100.00 per amendment without visit (as needed)
- Home study Amendment Fee: $350.00 per amendment with visit (as needed)
- Home study Amendment Fee: $500.00 relocation to a new state (as needed)
- Travel and Lodging expenses: for ICPC (if applicable)
- Attorney’s Fee
- Court Costs
- Child’s Birth Certificates
While we strive to keep our fees to a minimum, Lifeline is dedicated to full-service for adoptive couples and expectant parents.
Each adoptive couple is matched with a social worker who walks them through the home study and matching process. Social workers spend hours educating, supporting, advising, and encouraging each family throughout their adoption journey.
Each expectant parent is matched with a counselor who provides holistic support before and after the adoption takes place. Just as each expectant parent is a unique individual, the specific needs for services vary as well. Some examples of services we can provide for birth parents:
- Professional Counseling
- Medical Expenses
- Transportation to appointments
- Life Skills Training
- Legal Counsel
- Financial Planning
Even if the expectant parents chooses to parent, our counselors still provide support, and will help them get connected with resources for parenting. Ultimately, we want to be the hands and feet of Jesus to each expectant parent by meeting physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs.
Click Here to find out more about our services to expectant parents.
When considering Lifeline fees, please remember:
- Some agencies only project their agency fee, which does not include expectant parent expenses, hospital and medical fees, etc. Many agencies require a $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 deposit to begin the process, where Lifeline only charges minimal fees before an actual placement is made.
- The match fee is transferable to another birthmother match if the placement does not take place. If a family has already paid the $4,500 matching fee, they will not need to pay that fee again should the birth mother change her mind and the family start the matching process again.
- There are grants available such as Show Hope, ABBA Fund, and Life Song for Orphans that couples should consider when evaluating the cost of the adoption.
- A family’s concern over a fee or their ability to pay a full fee should never be a reason for not applying to Lifeline. Questions regarding fees or other policies can be addressed to a couple’s social worker.
Questions? Call 205.967.0811 or e-mail us here.