Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy: Level One Training
About this event:
Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
Level One Training
100 Missionary Ridge Drive
Birmingham, Alabama 35242
August 28 – August 31, 2018
This is an introductory 4-day course on Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy, the intervention model developed by Dr. Daniel Hughes.
This approach assists therapists and other professionals to understand and effectively support children, young people and their families. In this model, theory and research in the areas of developmental trauma, attachment theory, intersubjectivity and child development are integrated to produce a therapeutic approach used for relationship development and trauma resolution. DDP recognizes the vital role which adoptive parents, foster carers and residential workers play as primary attachment figures in the recovery of traumatized, attachment-resistant children.
The principles and interventions are presented through formal presentations, discussion, videotape of sessions, role-play, and hand outs.
This course is suitable for parents, social workers, child and youth workers, caregivers, or teachers working with children with attachment issues. This training is also relevant for therapists and clinicians who want to increase their skill set of attachment focused treatment. The model is relevant for those working with children aged four – adult years.
This is phase one of certification in DDP Training and is limited to 20 participants.
- Participants will list 5 areas of attachment security that are protective factors in situations of childhood trauma.
- Participants will list 3 basic attachment principles and intersubjectivity as they apply to individual and family treatment focused on trauma and attachment problems.
- Participants will develop a plan for a specific therapy client that is based on attachment and trauma theory and research.
- Participants will name the 4 aspects of the role of the caregiver in the treatment of children with trauma and attachment problems.
- Participants will develop 3 specific parenting interventions to facilitate attachment security and trauma resolution within the home.
Water, coffee, and light snacks will be available throughout the day. Participants will be responsible for lunch. A list of area restaurants will be provided.
August 28-31, 2018
Tuesday – Thursday: 9AM – 5PM
Friday: 9AM – 3PM
Early Bird Rate (Before June 1): $725
After June 1: $750
Group Rate (3 or more): $695
*A minimum $300 USD deposit must be paid to reserve your place, the balance will be due in full one month prior to the training start date.
Cancellations two weeks prior can be provided with a partial refund, minus the $300 registration fee. Full refunds can be given if another participant is found to take the previous registrants place once that person pays in full.
** 28 CE’s are available. Lifeline is an approved provider through ABSWE (#309, 9-30-2019). Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) has been approved by NBCC for NBCC Credit. Lifeline Children’s Services is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Approval No. SP-3004.
For other questions, contact Angela Mains at firstname.lastname@example.org / 205.967.0811
Registration is currently at capacity for this event.