Louisiana Part-Time Case Worker
Position Summary: Establishes initial contact with prospective adoptive families and facilitates the process for our International programs.
- Helps recruit, enroll, maintain, and work with prospective adoptive parents in processing an international adoption
- Conduct home studies for prospective adoptive parents.
- Assures all paperwork and documentation complies with international country’s standards
- Ensures that all information needed to complete the adoption record is completed and on file prior to the date of submission of dossier
- Schedules/completes post-adoption/placement visits after placement of child
- Working with families through process until they travel to the international country, including fielding questions, following up with phone call, and completing all applicable paperwork and communication necessary to prepare family to travel overseas.
- Counseling clients/families on the nature of international adoption.
- Assisting the international director, supervisor, manager, and coordinators with various tasks assigned in process of international adoption.
- Helping International staff with international informational meetings.
- Completing home assessments for contract couples as assigned and needed.
- Maintains good working relationships and resolves all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
- Represents the ministry in a professional manner in and away from the office.
- Assisting in agency-related events, including the annual staff retreat, the annual dinner, anniversary celebrations, both international and domestic.
- Maintains applicable professional license and its, if any, state-required annual training hours
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Bachelors Degree in Psychology or Sociology, with two years of work experience in child placement.
- An active license in the professional field if required by state that is in good standing with the state Licensing Board.
- Facilitates Christ-centered relationships
- Upholds the mission/vision/core values of the Ministry
- Signs and upholds the Employee Statement and the Statement of Faith
- Excellent & thorough communication skills (verbal & written)
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Technical capacity
- Good judgement and decision making
- Team orientated
- This position currently operates in a remote office environment.
- Occasional travel around the state may be required.
- Occasional travel to Birmingham, AL may be required.
State Specific Requirements:
- Applicable professional license from applicable state licensing Board
- Complete annual training/CEU’s as determined by State regulations and Hague requirements, whichever is greater.