James 1:27 is clear in it’s call for the believer to care for the orphaned and vulnerable child.
We know that as Christians, we have all been adopted by our Heavenly Father. Adoption is a beautiful picture of the gospel on earth that points us back toward Christ. In Psalm 68, David tells us that God sets the lonely in families. We want the children we serve to have forever families, but more than that, we want them to know the truth of the Gospel.
Our focus lies in an eternity with Christ for the child and the parent, and we believe a Gospel-centered family is an amazing ministry opportunity for their salvation. Our desire is to come alongside missional families with resources necessary to help them find and nurture their children to become disciples who make disciples.
The Mission of Lifeline Children’s Services is to equip the body of Christ to manifest the gospel to orphaned and vulnerable children.
Vulnerable children and their communities are transformed by the gospel and are making disciples.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the Word of God, The Spirit. The Word is inerrant, infallible and sufficient in all manners of conduct.
- We believe in God, eternally, existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is fully God and fully man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility , become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative, substitutionary and complete sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the physical resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life there for us as our High Priest and Advocate providing a sufficiency for body, soul, and spirit for the believers.
- We believe in the personal, visible and second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, at a time unknown to us, but for which we are watching joyfully.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, and there is no other way of salvation.
- We believe that the believer should be a vessel sanctified, meet for the Master’s use.
- We believe in the great commission which our Lord has given to His Church to evangelize the world, and that this evangelization is the great mission of the church. Furthermore, we believe it our Christian duty to witness by word and deed to these truths.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost, and the everlasting blessedness of the saved.