What does adoption through Lifeline look like for you as a birthmother?
- We’ll get to know you and learn more about your circumstances, needs, goals and your values.
- We will help to make sure your prenatal medical needs are met.
- We will help you establish a support system and communication with family and friends.
- We will support you as you choose the adoptive parents, keeping your specific requests at the forefront throughout the selection process.
- You will review profiles of families, which you will be able to choose from if that is your desire.
- We will do our very best to prepare you for emotions and grief you will experience post adoption.
- You will have the option of talking with former birthmothers and will have the opportunity each year to connect with others on Birthmother’s Day.
- We will help prepare you for your time in the hospital.
- We will be available to you during your time in the hospital.
- Post Adoption- we will check to see how you are doing and are available for you after your placement.
- Depending on your choice for your adoption plan, your interaction with your child and family will be frequent, minimal or no contact.
How Lifeline, as an agency, will support you :
- Our primary focus is on YOU—the birthmother—and has been since the conception of Lifeline’s ministry.
- Free professional counseling services with a staff whose passion is to serve you.
- Your full involvement in choosing the best family and your desired level of openness with the family.
- Provision for your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Counseling and support to you after the adoption.
- Acceptance of your final decision, without being pressured.
- 24 hour support is available.