Establishes initial contact with birth parents and counsels clients concerning the options they have regarding an unplanned pregnancy. Counsel includes factual information about each option and helping to connect to a local Pregnancy Counselor for further care. Networks to develop and expand available resource options if client is no longer desiring to choose adoption.
- 4 year degree in Human Service field, preferably Social Work or Counseling
- Responds to all initial referrals/inquiries regarding pregnancy counseling services. This includes phone calls, live chat, text, email/website submissions, and other.
- Continuously follows up with all referrals with the goal of getting a face to face visit scheduled with their local pregnancy counselor
- Sends intake packet and any other information to potential pregnancy counseling clients
- Schedules initial face to face visit with clients and their local pregnancy counselor
- Provides the client the means for spiritual growth, including the ministry of evangelism and discipleship, in a non-threatening way.
- Serves as an advocate for the client’s best interest
- Documents all contacts and follow ups
- Communicates regularly with Pregnancy Counselors to ensure smooth transition between intake and local worker
- In conjunction with state staff, develops and maintains a resource guide for pregnancy counseling
- Connects initial inquires with needed resources such as housing, WIC, food stamps, etc.
- Serves as back-up pregnancy counselor in Alabama as needed
- Assists pregnancy counseling team with administrative functions
- Serves on after hours on call rotation schedule
- Other duties, as assigned
- Signs and upholds the Employee Statement and Statement of Faith
- Establishes Christ-centered relationships
- Has a missional mindset
- Servant leader
- Client focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Excellent decision making skills
- Teamwork orientated
- Problem solving skills
- Personal effectiveness
- Provides leadership
- Technical capacity
- This position primarily operates in a professional office environment.
State Specific Requirements:
- Must meet state minimum standards for licensure, certifications (if any) and annual continuing educational requirements if applicable