Join us as Herbie Newell and Dr. Rick Morton lead us through Luke 9:28-48 and prayers for Colombia.
- That the church will be strengthened and spread in Colombia. Pray for them as the Church becomes more aware of the orphan crisis. Specifically praying for the following churches: Renecer, Vida Bogota, Tabernacle La Fe, La Libertad
- For the true gospel to be spread. It is a challenging culture because the Church has a negative reputation here, so people have altered the gospel to make it either more relevant or more beneficiary to themselves. Pray the true gospel would be preached and received. Pray for an evangelical, missional awareness to spread amongst the church as well here.
- Pray for peace as the country works through many hard histories with the Farc, the government, etc. Presidential elections occur this month, and it is very touchy – pray for the Lord to place the best person in this seat.
- For God to give grace, provision, and peace to those in the midst of the adoption process. We have many families in process pursuing older children, host children, children with medical needs, and larger sibling groups. Pray the Lord to guide them and to give them endurance.
- Pray for post adoption families. Many families are home and walking through challenges of parenting children who have faced a lot of trauma.
- For God to bring more missional families that will be flexible and understanding with the process and the complex needs of the children of Colombia
- The Lord to prepare the children being pursued by our families now, that their hearts would be prepared and at peace with all the upcoming transition.
- The Lord to grant us the opportunity to advocate for more waiting children and have more opportunities to advocate for better policies to benefit them in the long run.
- Pray for our host children. we have 10 children coming from Colombia to TX on June 9 for our big hosting program.
- That all the children will come to know Him as their Eternal Father and Savior.
- Pray for continued growth and in Caregiver Education in Colombia – that the Lord would continue to open doors to local churches who want to invest in and be a part of orphan care.
- Pray for the foster parents that went through training earlier this year – that they would continue to pull from the things they learned and would feel encouraged and empowered.
- Pray for wisdom for the (un)adopted team and for the Latin America team as they work together to plan for future trainings and team trips in Colombia.
- In Country Team: Soraya
- Wisdom for them as she works on some challenging cases, builds relationships with government, and balances a big case load.
- That those working for central authority will come to know Him and for grace and efficiency as they review our families. That they will work in best interest