Join us as Herbie Newell leads us through Luke 24:1-12 and prayers for our Foster Care Ministry.
- Pray for the churches involved in foster care in both AL and SC and for these partnerships to expand into more than just recruitment of families, but holistic support of foster families and birth families and financial support.
- Financial Provision for our Foster Care Program-Pray that God will continue to provide for our needs as our program grows through church partnerships, grants, and individual donors. Pray specifically for grant requests that are outstanding.
- Pray for our partnerships with DHR and DSS. Pray the Lord will deepen and strengthen these relationships and to grow the level of trust between all parties.
- Children in care:
- For healing from the trauma they have endured
- For God to use their stories for his glory
- For adoptive families for those where parental rights have been terminated
- Birth Families:
- For them to know their value/identity does not have to be based on their past
- For them to be motivated to accomplish what they need to in order to be reunified with their children
- Current licensed foster families- wisdom, grace, strength, and patience as they daily minister to children in need.
- For several families who are currently in process who have difficult pasts and for the Lord to use their past for his glory.
- Foster Families in process-Pray that they will complete the necessary requirements in order to become licensed, so that they can start accepting placements.
- For more families to respond to the specific needs of older children, sibling groups, and medical special needs through the upcoming classes at Altadena Valley, Shades Mountain, Church at Brook Hills, and in Daniel Island, SC.
- For upcoming continuing education opportunities: for the Lord to bring many families to these to be equipped to care well for the children in their homes
- For more churches and individuals to holistically be a part of foster care and to consider hosting family visitation rooms, babysitting, and other volunteer opportunities.
- For open staff positions in AL and SC: for the Lord to fill these positions with people who have the unique giftings that meet the specific needs of the role.
- Lifeline Foster Care Team – Jennifer T, Laura F, Cara L, Lindsey G, Traci N, Sarah Pullen, Kristen R, Casey V, Cathy L, CMac
- Praise for the number of families attending upcoming AL and SC orientations
- Praise for many recent positive meetings in SC with churches and child welfare departments
- Praise for the recent partnering with Jefferson County DHR to co-host their foster parent appreciation luncheon.
- Praise for the kickball tournament and the new folks who know about Lifeline and the needs of children in our community as well as the funds we received for the program