Are you looking for a tangible way to help foster children? The Shelby County Department of Human Resources is looking to redo a playroom space where children play while they meet with their parents. Having a comfortable space for parents and children can make the visit a lot better and can be a place that reminds the children they are special, loved, and worth the battle.
Here are some specific needs:
- Appropriate board games for all ages
- Cards games
- Durable toys: Melissa and Doug, Brio, Thomas
- Crayons and colored pencils (lots of them are needed!)
- Coloring books, sticker books, etc.
- Family-Appropriate DVD’s
- Any other fun, engaging items you can find to delight children
- Target Gift Cards
- A 30-inch flat screen black TV
- Would love to find a durable toy kitchen
* NOTE: Gently used items are okay, but please use discretion. These must be in good shape. All toys will literally be played with by hundreds of children.
Please share this post with any of your friends! The Shelby County DHR is overwhelmed at the body of Christ’s willingness to come forward and love this way.
The goal to have these donations is March 20th. If you would like to donate one of these items, you can bring them by the Lifeline home office:
2104 Rocky Ridge Road
Birmingham, AL 35243
Catie Lumpkin, who is a Lifeline foster parent, is willing to come and meet you for a donation as well.
If you have questions, please contact Catie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Foster Page at the Lifeline office at 205-967-0811.