Alabama International Social Worker

April 16, 2018 lifeline Blog

Birmingham, AL

Position Status:

  • Full-Time

Position Summary:

Establishes initial contact with prospective adoptive families for our International program. Works with prospective adoptive families in processing international adoption for ourInternational program.

Essential Duties:

  • Helps recruit, enroll, maintain, and work with prospective adoptive parents in processing an international adoption
  • Conduct international home studies.
  • Assures all paperwork and documentation complies with international country’s standards
  • Ensures that all information needed to complete the adoption record is completed and on file prior to the date of submission of dossier
  • Schedules/completes post-adoption/placement visits after placement of child
  • Working with families through process until they travel to the international country, including fielding questions, following up with phone call, and completing all applicable paperwork and communication necessary to prepare family to travel overseas.
  • Counseling clients/families on the nature of international adoption.
  • Assisting the international director, supervisor, manager, and coordinators with various tasks assigned in process of international adoption.
  • Helping International staff with international informational meetings.
  • Completing home assessments for contract couples as assigned and needed.

Secondary Duties: 

  • Serves as an advocate for the child’s best interest.
  • Assisting in agency-related events, including the annual staff retreat, the annual banquet and anniversary celebrations both international and domestic.
  • Maintaining good relationships with co-workers, including solving all disputes in a Biblically prescribed fashion.
  • Representing the Agency in a professional manner in and away from the office.
  • Maintaining social work license.
  • Other duties as assigned.

Minimum Qualifications: 

  • Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work
  • Bachelor, graduate or clinical social work license from applicable state licensing Board

State Specific Requirements: 

  • Social Work license from applicable state licensing Board
  • Complete annual training/CEU’s as determined by State regulations and Hague requirements, whichever is greater.



Posted 1/18/19

Take Action

Share this Post

Receive Lifeline Newsletter