We continue to be overwhelmed (in an great way) by the response the Church has had to foster care. If you want to be part of caring for children through foster care, below are some of the current needs. If you would like to be part of meeting any of these needs, please contact email@example.com.
Current needs include:
- Storage bins to store clothes and other items for children in care.
- A volunteer or group of volunteers to take ownership of and manage the foster care clothes closet. This will initially involve organization, maintenance, inventory, communicating with DHR/families, and arranging meetings to deliver what is needed.
- Men and women willing to go through the necessary clearances so that to provide “nights out” for our foster families – mostly date nights for our couples.
- People willing to be contacted when there is the need for a meal for one of our families who needs support.
- New socks, undergarments and diapers or pull-ups – all sizes.