Under the direct supervision of the Development Director this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the Development Director and other development staff and supports the overall goals of the Development Team including fund development, establishing new partnerships and deepening existing relationships with volunteers and ministry partners. In addition to clerical work, record keeping and scheduling, this position is responsible for duties such as coordination of meetings and speaking opportunities, obtaining supplies, coordinating correspondence, facilitating communication, and working on special projects for the Development Director. Deals with a diverse group of external contacts and visitors as well as internal staff contacts at all levels of the ministry. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations.
- Maintains and updates database system for the development director and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents, senior vice presidents and chiefs. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the Development Director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, engaging in donor/partner meetings, creating handouts.
- Assists in pursuing partnership through Event Sponsorship opportunities
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, agendas, etc.
- Take minutes during Development and Leadership Board Meetings
- Assists in the acknowledgements to Lifeline’s financial partners
- Maintain existing and create new reports
- Provides hospitality support for meetings
- Schedules travel Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Supports the Development Director in maintenance of the department finances.
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Director
- Travel to other state offices as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with experience and responsibility and duties in administration
- Experience with Salesforce